A new product of EligoVision — EView — is a special plug-in that allows viewing augmented reality applications on «living 3D markers» online directly in your browser!
It was specially developed to increase the user convenience. It allows viewing augmented reality applications on «living 3D markers» with no need to download special programs for each application.
Now, if you want to see a 3D model on a «living 3D marker», you should download and install this plug-in on your computer, and then simply open web-pages without downloading anything else! The whole process will take no more than a minute.
- Intel Pentium 4 or higher;
- at least 128MB RAM;
- at least 20MB of free disk space;
- video card with OpenGL 2.0 support;
- video cameras;
- for MS Windows, video cameras with drivers supporting MS DirectShow;
- for Linux, video cameras with drivers supporting MS V4L.
- Microsoft Windows (2000, XP, Vista, 7);
- Linux (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (5.01 and higher);
- Mozilla Firefox;
- Google Chrome.
Download the setup file for your operating system:
Microsoft Windows OS (2000, XP, Vista, 7)
Installation for Windows:
- Run the setup file. In Windows Vista or Windows 7 you may be prompted to stop or continue running the unknown file. Press «continue».
- Wait for the installation to finish. If a writing error message appears during installation, please see the FAQ section.
- Restart your browser.
Installation for Linux:
- Unpack the setup file.
- Copy the npEView.so file into the .mozilla/plugins directory, located in your home directory. If this directory is missing, create it.
- Restart your browser.
Please ensure a video camera is connected to your computer before downloading and viewing the demo. If the camera is not detected, the download start buttons will remain inactive and an image requesting to connect a camera will appear on the display.
If there are several cameras connected to your computer, you should choose one of them.
To do it, click the icon of the appropriate camera. The icon of the selected camera will be highlighted by an orange frame.
1. To start downloading the demo, click the button in the left bottom corner or in the middle of the window.
2. During download a progress bar displays at the bottom of the window.
Once download is complete, the window view changes to your camera view in real time.
You can view the demo in a full-screen or window mode. You may change the view mode by clicking the button in the lower right corner.
To view the demo, simply bring the marker to the camera; the marker should be clearly visible and completely fall into the camera’s field of view.
Now you can view the demonstration of the «living 3D markers» technology on various selected augmented reality applications from EligoVision!
- Testing «living 3D markers»
Here is the list of our «living 3D markers»-based applications you can watch through the EView plug-in right now:
- Plug-in couldn't be installed
If the plug-in has been previously installed, it can be already used by your browser. Close your browser and click «Retry».
Please check if you have enough permission to install programs. Contact your system administrator.
- I have installed the plug-in but the browser «says» it's missing
Try to restart your browser.
The plug-in support may be disabled in your browser. Enable it.
- The camera is connected but the plug-in doesn't detect it
Maybe, the camera driver does not support one of the system requirements. Try to update the camera driver.
- «?» button doesn't work
The browser blocks pop-ups. Temporarily unlock them.
- The demo doesn't download
Perhaps, the connection with server was broken. Refresh the page and restart the download procedure.
If you have problems with installing or viewing «living 3D markers» on your computer, please send an email with a brief description of the problem at email@example.com. We will help you for sure!